To get an alert every time an article is posted
join the "Get A Life" group (with quotes) in Second Life

Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Leave Her or Love Her -- Those Are Your Choices

HEY HEARTUN ~ My first online love affair ended on what was supposed to be my wedding day -- and I never saw it coming. I got a 'dear Avatar' note card and no real explanation. I was hurt and confused. After that I was cautious for a long time.

Then I met 'her.' We were friends first, doing everything -- fishing, killing monsters, racing cars, clubbing, shopping and spending quiet time at home -- the last one being her favorite, and I like it too! She's even moved into my place and we share a garden at another location. It's been wonderful to log in and have someone there for me.

The problem is I feel like I'm trapped. Every time I log on to Second Life I'm immediately greeted by and I feel smothered. I have lots of friends that I've introduced her to, so we now share the same friends, and I'm constantly asked where she's at if she is not with me.

Before we met, I loved to explore new places and I haven't done that in a long time. She seems like she has a specific agenda but she's not talking. To make it worse, she lives in Australia and has limited bandwidth -- she can't rezz quickly after teleporting, she has inventory problems and several other frustrating issues.

This kind of stuff happens a lot and I feel obliged to keep her company. I've tried helping her overcome the connectivity issues but because of her remote location -- those issues are here to stay.

Heartun, I think I'm having connection problems as well. ~ TAINTED LOVE


DEAR TAINTED LOVE ~ Rebound love is a sweet thing, but like cotton candy -- it can make you sick if you get too much. You've found yourself a nice girl, and you love her for all the right reasons -- but you fell in love on the rebound. That really sucks, for the both of you.

She senses in you the need for something more, and she's trying to fill that need by occupying your every moment. She'll try to be online all the time just so she doesn't miss you. She'll hang out with your (now) mutual friends when you are not there so she can better understand you and please you vicariously through your friends. Her whole world revolves around you, because she can tell she is somehow inadequate.

The real shame here is that she IS a nice girl. And you two were REALLY friends... but 'friends with benefits' turned into friends who won't leave after the party is over.

It sucks, but you've got to let her know -- in no uncertain terms -- what you feel for her. Let her know that you need some space. Tell her you don't see the two of you together 10 years from now and she deserves better. Give her the "it's not you, its me" speech... but leave her or love her. Those are your choices. ~ HEARTUN BREAKER

--

If you have a question for "Get A Life" just email HeartunBreaker@gmail.com . All submissions become the property of
HeartunBreaker.com . We reserve the right to edit submissions for brevity and clarity. No 'real' or 'game' names will be published. No part of this service may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of Heartun Breaker, except that an individual may download and/or forward articles via e-mail to a reasonable number of recipients for personal, non-commercial purposes.

Labels:

posted by Heartun Breaker @ 9:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 HeartunBreaker [dot] com
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Email submissions to HeartunBreaker@gmail [dot] com


Disclaimer: All submissions to "Get a Life" become the property of HeartunBreaker.com. We reserve the right to edit submissions for brevity and clarity. No 'real' or 'game' names will be published. No part of this service may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of Heartun Breaker, except that an individual may download and/ or forward articles via e-mail to a reasonable number of recipients for personal, non-commercial purposes.
 


 

 




Web This Blog
About Me
Home
About Us
Email Heartun!
Second Life
FiNe aSS SiSTaS


Name: Heartun Breaker
Home: St. Louis, MO, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Affiliates

Powered by Blogger
make money 

online blogger templates